One of the premier meets on the 2018 indoor track and field calendar is fast approaching! The MileSplit / SPIRE Scholastic Showcase will take place on Sunday, February 11th in Geneva, Ohio!
Phenomenal performances were demonstrated at the 2017 meet; who could forget Cameron Cooper's 1:50.07 effort to dominate the 800m race or Jordan Geist's massive throw of 73-10 to win the shot put event!
Meet director, Charlie Powell and the MileSplit staff anticipate that outstanding results will be posted at this season's meet, as well! Ohio's elite athletes will be joined by some of the best sprinters / runners, jumpers and throwers from nearby states and we're also expecting a talented collection of Canadians to make the trip from north of the border!
* Important dates:
- Registration Opens: December 14th, 2017 at 12:59 am EST
- Registration Closes: February 6th, 2018 at 11:59 am EST
- Meet Day: February 11th, 2018
* Here's the 'Participant Guide' document from the SPIRE website which contains all of the details that you need to know:
* Are you an athlete who has record breaking aspirations in mind for this season's MileSplit / SPIRE Scholastic Showcase? Check out the SPIRE Institute's high school facility records:
* Want to know more about the world-class SPIRE Institute? Browse their website:
* As elite athletes express their interest in competing at the 2018 MileSplit / SPIRE Scholastic Showcase, updates containing their photos and statistics will be applied to MileSplit Ohio. Look out for these articles to be posted on a regular basis in the days and weeks ahead!