Be Thankful for Coach George and his crew of young reporters
10/11/2013 9:05:32 AM
User
SUBSCRIBER
It seems that Ohio's MileSplit is a mess. Coach George and his crew of reporters have done a great job covering the state of NC XC and track/field. Thank you for all of the time that you put into making NC MileSplit one of the best. Those that don't appreciate the effort Coach George puts forth everyday please read this forum. You will have a new appreciation for the job he does. [url=http://www.letsrun.com/forum/flat_read.php?thread=5434259]Ohio's MileSplit.[/url]
It seems that Ohio's MileSplit is a mess. Coach George and his crew of reporters have done a great job covering the state of NC XC and track/field. Thank you for all of the time that you put into making NC MileSplit one of the best.

Those that don't appreciate the effort Coach George puts forth everyday please read this forum. You will have a new appreciation for the job he does.

Ohio's MileSplit.
10/11/2013 10:32:50 AM
Admin
SUBSCRIBER
@Kevinpsu160 Well, first of all, I'm flattered. I try hard, and so did Jim Findlay, the exiting OH webmaster (just like all of MileSplit's successful sites). The transition to FloCasts ownership has been easy here, because I was already following the recommended practices set out by Jason Byrne and Don Rich, as well as finding things that work for NC. Other webmasters who were sort of doing things their own way are having a tougher transition, but in the end it will make MileSplit much stronger nationally. We consider ourselves the premium content provider for this niche; there are certainly other options, many of them free and many of them with valuable services, but I don't think anyone else has the range of things we offer. Also, I wouldn't put much stock in the "world famous" Let's Run message boards. Anonymous posting leads to exaggeration, and things seem to get much more angsty there than anywhere else. I'm sure it's tough for their state to have this disruption in the middle of the season, but in the long run it's better to take the time to get the right person in place.
@Kevinpsu160 Well, first of all, I'm flattered. I try hard, and so did Jim Findlay, the exiting OH webmaster (just like all of MileSplit's successful sites). The transition to FloCasts ownership has been easy here, because I was already following the recommended practices set out by Jason Byrne and Don Rich, as well as finding things that work for NC. Other webmasters who were sort of doing things their own way are having a tougher transition, but in the end it will make MileSplit much stronger nationally. We consider ourselves the premium content provider for this niche; there are certainly other options, many of them free and many of them with valuable services, but I don't think anyone else has the range of things we offer.

Also, I wouldn't put much stock in the "world famous" Let's Run message boards. Anonymous posting leads to exaggeration, and things seem to get much more angsty there than anywhere else. I'm sure it's tough for their state to have this disruption in the middle of the season, but in the long run it's better to take the time to get the right person in place.
10/11/2013 12:25:26 PM
User
@CoachGeorgeRJR you do a very amazing job in North Carolina and we ALL appreciate you! And thanks for being so on board in the transition. As Jeff said, it's been a hard transition on some people. We are changing some of the rules in order to achieve our mission. That is we want to create a consistent quality product that is sustainable financially nation wide. We know what that is because we've largely figured out the formula in our more successful states--of which Jeff is a shining example. So as we roll that formula out in new places that aren't used to it, there are some ruffled feathers. Some will leave but ultimately we will come out better on the other side. For what it's worth, I understand we do have a new webmaster already in Ohio who is taking over as of today hopefully. So get them back up to speed in the Buckeye State and hopefully on to an even better product.
@CoachGeorgeRJR you do a very amazing job in North Carolina and we ALL appreciate you! And thanks for being so on board in the transition.

As Jeff said, it's been a hard transition on some people. We are changing some of the rules in order to achieve our mission. That is we want to create a consistent quality product that is sustainable financially nation wide. We know what that is because we've largely figured out the formula in our more successful states--of which Jeff is a shining example. So as we roll that formula out in new places that aren't used to it, there are some ruffled feathers. Some will leave but ultimately we will come out better on the other side.

For what it's worth, I understand we do have a new webmaster already in Ohio who is taking over as of today hopefully. So get them back up to speed in the Buckeye State and hopefully on to an even better product.
10/11/2013 4:10:31 PM
User
@admin It is good news for Ohio that they have a new webmaster. Coach George does a great job and you can not beat the price for the amount of information we get to play with as a subscriber. My local high school team loves to see how they rank and they always are looking at the meet pictures. So, to everyone that has a part, thank you for the job you do every week!
@admin It is good news for Ohio that they have a new webmaster. Coach George does a great job and you can not beat the price for the amount of information we get to play with as a subscriber. My local high school team loves to see how they rank and they always are looking at the meet pictures. So, to everyone that has a part, thank you for the job you do every week!

You must be logged in to comment.

Click Here to Log In.