Horter shared an update earlier this afternoon on Twitter:
Horter has had a stellar cross country season to date, as he's recorded six race wins and four sub-15 minute results in his seven starts. He currently resides as the No. 2 ranked 5K runner in the country from his 14:36.77 result at September's Midwest Meet of Champions. On the track, Horter competes in the 800m, 1600m and 3200m events, where he holds highly impressive PR's of 1:54.56, 4:07.52 and 8:56.62 (all outdoor).
In addition to his collection of fast PR's, Horter will bring extensive championship meet experience to Bloomington as he's competed at prestigious invites such as the AAU Junior Olympic Games, New Balance Nationals Indoor, New Balance Nationals Outdoor and the Brooks PR Invitational.
* Notable PR's and championship wins:
- 800m: 1:54.56
- 1600m: 4:07.52
- 1 Mile: 4:07.82
- 3200m: 8:56.62
* All of the above reference outdoor competition.
- 5K XC: 14:36.77
- 2015 AAU Junior Olympic Games - 1500m: 1st place
- 2016 D1 OHSAA Ohio State Cross Country Championship - 5K: 1st place
- 2017 D1 OHSAA State Track and Field Championship - 1600m: 1st place
- 2017 D1 OATCCC Indoor State Championship - 1600m: 1st place
Dustin Horter will look to add to his state title collection before departing for Bloomington.