On Friday afternoon, Interim Executive Director, Bob Goldring issued an update to OHSAA member schools regarding the status of start dates for fall sports.
The information, which was released to the general public late on Friday evening, can be reviewed in its entirety within the embedded documents found below.
Key takeaways provided by Mr. Goldring include:
- The plan is to move forward with the normal start date for practices on August 1st and to have full seasons and regular series' of tournaments for all 10 fall sports.
- There is a continued need to wait on the Governor's Office to approve contact sports scrimmages / contests between opposing teams.
- The OHSAA encourages athletes and coaches to participate in their #IWantASeason campaign. Tweet photos of responsible athletics training practices (ie, mask wearing, social distancing) to: @OHSAASports
- The OHSAA encourages member schools to continue to reach out with recommendations, as they're striving to work cooperatively with all stakeholders toward the resolution process.
- The OHSAA will continue to provide wide-spread updates in an effort to dispel rumors and confusion that exists.