Typically our weekly Future Star series is reserved for a high school underclassman who is already or is about to make waves on the prep track and field scene.
For this week's edition, however, we took a different slant on the angle and are featuring someone who we believe is going to do serious damage next year collegiately in Division II, Noah Graham, a senior from Marlington.
Graham's accomplishments at the high school level speaks for itself, but we at MileSplit Ohio believe what we've seen so far from him is just the beginning.
View Graham's podcast interview above where he discusses the highlights of his high school career, his commitment to the Walsh University Cavaliers and what he hopes to accomplish during his remaining time with the Dukes.
Time Stamps ~
- 1:25 -- Talking commitment to Walsh University
- 3:35 -- What aspects of the coaching philosophy at Walsh drew him in
- 5:25 -- Talking the stacked Ohio high school alumni roster at Walsh
- 6:55 -- Explaining how his game will translate to longer race distances
- 8:15 -- Experiences to this point with longer distance racing and training
- 9:20 -- What events at the college appeal to him at this point
- 10:15 -- Plotting his goals for his college freshman year
- 11:45 -- Reminiscing on Marlington's Division II team XC state title
- 15:30 -- Summarizing his experience at Small Schools Nationals in Texas
- 17:00 -- Previewing where his Marlington XC team goes from here
- 18:50 -- Noting his goals for the indoor and outdoor track seasons
- 20:40 -- Assessing where his game is at currently after 3200 win at YSU
- 21:50 -- Clarifying what events he'll be contesting at the OATCCC state meet
- 22:55 -- Advice he'd impart to younger runners about the college recruiting process