Article Comment: Top Boys Times From the Past 4 Years
11/19/2014 8:15:21 PM
Power User
SUBSCRIBER
OK, after the discussion earlier this year about short courses in the database, we now see the issue come home to roost on this list. Robert Hope is an excellent runner who has run some exceptional times, but that Battle at Blakely time is almost 30 seconds faster than anything he ran that year on a course that was basically certified as short. Then we have 2 times from the notoriously fast Fairview Invitational of September 2013. Cameron Thomas, again a very good runner, has only 2 times under 16 on his resume, his 15:52 from State this year and that awesome 15:33 from Fairview in 2013 in SEPTEMBER! A time 40 seconds faster than he ran at State that year and 35 seconds faster than Dew It On The Trails that year also. Then Nicholas Fillinger with a 15:46 in the same meet, his PR by 34 seconds!! I thought the database was purged of performances from these types of races. The girls list has similar issue with a Battle at Blakely time also.
OK, after the discussion earlier this year about short courses in the database, we now see the issue come home to roost on this list. Robert Hope is an excellent runner who has run some exceptional times, but that Battle at Blakely time is almost 30 seconds faster than anything he ran that year on a course that was basically certified as short. Then we have 2 times from the notoriously fast Fairview Invitational of September 2013. Cameron Thomas, again a very good runner, has only 2 times under 16 on his resume, his 15:52 from State this year and that awesome 15:33 from Fairview in 2013 in SEPTEMBER! A time 40 seconds faster than he ran at State that year and 35 seconds faster than Dew It On The Trails that year also. Then Nicholas Fillinger with a 15:46 in the same meet, his PR by 34 seconds!! I thought the database was purged of performances from these types of races.

The girls list has similar issue with a Battle at Blakely time also.
11/20/2014 9:03:13 AM
Admin
SUBSCRIBER
Updated the list. I had purged them for the rankings but not the way I pulled this particular article. http://al.milesplit.com/articles/140254-top-boys-times-from-the-past-4-years#.VG30fTTF98E?force=1
Updated the list. I had purged them for the rankings but not the way I pulled this particular article.

http://al.milesplit.com/articles/140254-top-boys-times-from-the-past-4-years#.VG30fTTF98E?force=1

You must be logged in to comment.

Click Here to Log In.