(Photo Credit: Jeff Montross)
Related Link -
1) What were some of the highlights of your high school track career?
Some of my highlights were making it to regionals all four years of high school, going to state's my senior year, and helping my 4x200 and 4x100 teams break our school records!
2) Did you encounter any struggles or adversity along the way that you had to overcome?
Moving to a new high school my freshman year was something I had to overcome, in terms of having new competition. Another situation I had to overcome was going through a lot of growing pains - they slowed me down pretty significantly, but I was also grateful to have a coach to help me come out on top and get through all of the tough times I had.
3) Aside from the competition, what was the best thing about being apart of Perrysburg's program?
The best part was all the support I had. I had a lot of love and some of the best coaching I will ever have. Also, being a part of Perrysburg High School track and field is just something I am happy I had a chance to experience.
4) Are there any coaches or teammates that you've worked with over the past four years that you'd like to thank?
I would like to thank Coach Andrea Monheim, Coach Darryl Edge, Coach Dorian Hooker, and Coach Matthew Gosses. These four coaches helped me more than I could have ever imagined. High school track was everything to me because of them. I will forever be grateful for the time they spent with me every day for three months - I would not be where I am without them.
5) What are your plans and goals for the future? Do you intend on continuing with the sport in college or in another capacity?
I will be attending Ursuline College! I will be continuing my track career and majoring in Sports Management! I hope to keep running after college, but that will only come with hard work and great coaching.
6) What advice would you give to a younger athlete who's hoping to have a successful and enjoyable high school career?
Work hard, do not give up when times get tough, work through those times, and BE COACHABLE! Always be open to new things when it comes to races, try a new event, but also listen to your coach if they think that race will or will not be good for you. Most importantly, have fun.