Related Link -
1) What were some of the highlights of your high school cross country and track careers?
2017 DI 4x800 T&F All-Ohio (8th)
2017 DII CC All-Ohio (25th)
2018 DII/DIII 4x800 IN T&F State champ
2018 DII/DIII 4x400 IN T&F All-Ohio(3rd)
2018 DII 4x8 T&F All-Ohio (4th)
2018 DII 1600 T&F All-Ohio (7th)
2018 DII 800 T&F All-Ohio (8th)
2018 DII 4x4 T&F All-Ohio (6th)
ONLY DISTANCE RUNNER TO PODIUM IN 4 EVENTS AT THE 2018 STATE MEET IN ANY DIVISION.
2019 DII/DIII 800 IN T&F All-Ohio(8th)
2019 DII 800 T&F State Runner-Up
2019 DII 4x4 T&F All-Ohio (6th)
2) Did you encounter any struggles or adversity along the way that you had to overcome?
Throughout my high school athletic career, I was struggling with difficulties at home. In December of 2018, I moved in with my grandparents and while this transition was tough, through the help of my grandparents, coaches, and community members, I managed to get my mind and body ready for a great spring track season.
3) Aside from the competition, what was the best thing about being apart of Perkins' program?
The coaching staff at Perkins are more than just coaches to their athletes. For me personally and I speak for many of my teammates, they are more like father figures and role models than coaches. Coach Burrows and his staff have helped my teammates and I through some of the most challenging points in our lives. Personally Coach Burrows is the closest thing I've had to a father figure, he has welcomed me with open arms and pushed me to be the best person I can be, not just an athlete. The family atmosphere surrounding the program has given me a place where I could always feel at home and has allowed me to make friendships and bonds that will last a lifetime.
4) Are there any coaches or teammates that you've worked with over the past four years that you'd like to thank?
Coach Shane Burrows, Michael Ahner, Jeremy Blakely, Amy Didion, Chris Parthemore, and John Hinton. Also, my teammates: Owen Krewson, Joel Duffield, Brenton Green, Nick Corso, Simeon Hunter, J'Andre Jackson, Daquise Clinton, and Ashton Russell.
5) What are your plans and goals for the future? Do you intend on continuing with the sport in college or in another capacity?
I will be attending Tiffin University to continue my academic and athletic careers. I would love to help Tiffin build a strong middle distance/distance program. My biggest goal is to qualify for NCAA's and help TU compete to win another national title.
6) What advice would you give to a younger athlete who's hoping to have a successful and enjoyable high school career?
My biggest words of advice to any incoming freshmen who is hoping to have a successful career would have to be, there comes a moment in everyone's athletic career where you are presented the opportunity to step up and do something for more than just yourself. When that moment comes you need to trust that your training and believe that you are capable of seizing that moment.