'This Is Awesome' ...
That's the element that meet manager Morolake Akinosun intends to bring to her 4th annual Akinosun Elite Invitational, which is scheduled for Sunday, January 14th at the Dr. Conrad Worrill Track and Field Center in Chicago, Illinois.
One of the fastest growing and talent-rich meets in the entire Midwest Region, Akinosun, a 2016 Olympic Gold Medalist, sets the table for her event's 2024 edition.
- 0:00 - Episode Introduction
- 0:45 - Excitement surrounding the 4th annual Akinosun Invite
- 1:15 - The importance of giving back to the sport in her hometown of Chicago
- 3:10 - What are the 'extras' that athletes can expect at the Akinosun Invite
- 5:10 - What has been great about the annual thus far and what can be improved
- 6:45 - Assessing where she is at currently with respect to her own competition and future goals
- 8:30 - All-time favorite venues she has ever competed at
- 9:35 - What athletes were the most motivating to compete against and to train with
- 11:00 - Bringing her experiences world-wide and replicating that excitement at her Elite Invite
- 12:25 - Adding the mixed gender relay event to her meet this coming year
- 14:20 - Episode Closing
(Rio 2016 Summer Olympic Games, 4x100m Gold Medalist ~ qualifying heats pictured)
Photo Credit: James Lang - USA TODAY Sports