Athlete Feature: We had the opportunity to get to know Mamdouh Abukaram, a junior class XC runner and mid-distance / distance specialist.
An athlete without a great deal of experience, but one who's made significant strides in a short period of time, Abukaram outlined his fall cross county campaign and the goals he wants to strike on the oval as we move into the 2024 indoor and outdoor track seasons.
At 16-years-old, standing 5'11 and weighing 130 pounds, Abukaram, who attends Bounty Collegium and represents Sylvania Northview, figures to be a promising recruit for the 2025 graduating class.
Coach Jameel Syed joined our interview and did a tremendous job of showcasing the qualities that Mamdouh displays as an athlete and the high growth potential he holds.
(By Coach Jameel Syed)
- 0:00 - Episode Introduction
- 0:45 - Mamdouh providing an assessment of his XC season
- 2:10 - Mamdouh highlighting his consistency and improvement
- 2:50 - Coach Syed reinforcing the improvement and consistency Mamdouh displayed
- 6:15 - His confidence and mindset leading into the indoor and outdoor track seasons
- 9:05 - Coach Jameel on the best fit events-wise for Mamdouh
- 13:05 - Mamdouh on his favorite events and where he feels he performs best
- 14:10 - Jumping being a possibility for Mamdouh moving forward
- 16:30 - Coach Jameel's initial impression of Mamdouh and his untapped potential
- 21:05 - Mamdouh detailing his level of competitiveness
- 22:35 - Coach Jameel on why Mamdouh will succeed at the college level
- 27:25 - Episode Closing
Photo Credit: Kellen Burke