Jimmy gives the low down on all the XC action across America.
Districts are over and the stage is set for Regional's.
Mentor Memorial's Chris Ruszkowski ran a confident race, leading the entire way, as he won the D1 Boy's Middle School State Championship race setting a new course record of 10:02.70. The old record of 10:04.7 was set by Versailles and the University of Oregon's Sam Prakel in 2008.
8TH ANNUAL OHIO CROSS COUNTRY MIDDLE SCHOOL AND ELEMENTARY STATE CHAMPIONSHIPS
Coldwater Sr. Sarah Kanney has never run a race where she went into it thinking she wasn’t going to try to win. She has become more confident and comfortable each year. She has transformed from from a runner to a racer through her experience from her freshman to her senior year. Her running has reassured her that you can overcome battles – both on the course and in life itself. She has three state titles; one in Cross Country and two in the 1600. Over the last four years she has been one of the state's leading female runners and enjoys pressing the pace. Can she repeat again in a couple of weeks and again in the spring? She has the experience, the confidence and the determination and winning is a part of her nature.
2014 Week 8 (Final) Regular Season OATCCC Cross Country Poll
Since 2004 the Nike Cross Nationals has brought the fastest high school cross country teams and athletes in the country to Portland, Oregon to compete for the ultimate prize – a national championship. In its 11th year, the Nike Cross Nationals will be contested for the first time ever at Glendoveer Golf Course.
Division 3 District Cross Country - Virtual Meets
Lancaster's Brannon Kidder was named the Big Ten Men's Cross Country Athlete of the Week.
Division 2 District Cross Country - Virtual Meets
Division 1 District Tournaments - Virtual Meets
MileSplit got the juice coast to coast this past weekend, which included some stellar performances as some of the nation's best went head to head.
Week in Review 10/06 - 10/13. As we move into the postseason, Hudson's Kyle Mau jumps ahead of St. Xavier's Michael Vitucci in the boys ranking with his 15:15.17 at the Northeast Ohio Conference - Valley Division Championships. Liberty Center's Brittany Atkinson moves into the number two position in the girls rankings with her 17:34.10 at the Northwest Ohio Athletic League Championships.
Future Stars of XC - 10 Best Freshmen & Sophomore Boys in Ohio
- Article Comment: Ohio Regional's Virtual Meets - D3 Boys & Girls
- Article Comment: Ohio Middle School Championships - Meet Summary
- Ohio Valley Conference Championship
- Article Comment: Division 2 District Cross Country - Virtual Meets
- 29th Annual Yellow Springs Invitational XC Meet 2014
- Article Comment: Ohio MileSplit Editorial
- Article Comment: Division 1 District Cross Country - Virtual Meets
- Article Comment: Week in Review 10/06 - 10/13
- Priemer Athletic Conference Championship (correction)
- Priemer Athletic League Championship 10/8/14
- Cedarville Cross Country Invitational
- OHSAA Cross Country Regions 3, 7 & 11
- OHSAA Cross Country Regions 1, 5 & 9
- OHSAA Cross Country Regions 2, 6 & 10
- OHSAA Cross Country Regions 4, 8 & 12
- HCAC Championships
- Horizon League Championship
- Mid-American Conference Championship
- OHSAA Ohio State Cross Country Championship
- Big Ten Championships