A little help please...
10/17/2012 9:21:38 PM
Coach
I've got two questions: On meet registration for the Sarasota County Champs the parameters have been set to only allow 15 athletes. The meet manager cannot figure out how to change the settings. My thought was that if it's set on "Championship" it defaults to 15 to follow the state district entry rule. That didn't seem to work. Any ideas? The other question is related to an athlete who has not run the required 4 events. What is the protocol for petitioning for addition to the district entry list? He was injured and we have a doctor's note. Thanks, Coach Means
I've got two questions:
On meet registration for the Sarasota County Champs the parameters have been set to only allow 15 athletes. The meet manager cannot figure out how to change the settings. My thought was that if it's set on "Championship" it defaults to 15 to follow the state district entry rule. That didn't seem to work. Any ideas?

The other question is related to an athlete who has not run the required 4 events. What is the protocol for petitioning for addition to the district entry list? He was injured and we have a doctor's note.

Thanks,
Coach Means
10/17/2012 10:25:50 PM
Coach
@coachmeans We just fax a letter and Dr note to fhsaa and ask for waiver of 4 meet rule due to injury and the approve within a couple days. Never a problem
@coachmeans We just fax a letter and Dr note to fhsaa and ask for waiver of 4 meet rule due to injury and the approve within a couple days. Never a problem
10/17/2012 10:28:26 PM
User
@coachmeans I'm not 100% positive that you have access to this (let me know if you don't). But... under your meet manager, it should list out your events on the right side. You should be able to click on the event and then edit the # of athletes per team. Let me know if you don't see this.
@coachmeans I'm not 100% positive that you have access to this (let me know if you don't). But... under your meet manager, it should list out your events on the right side. You should be able to click on the event and then edit the # of athletes per team.

Let me know if you don't see this.
10/18/2012 9:09:38 AM
Coach
@admin I'm not the meet manager...it's Out of Door Academy so I don't have access. I was just trying to help their coach. I will pass that on, however. Thanks. Doug, Thanks for the help on the injured athlete. Jason Means
@admin
I'm not the meet manager...it's Out of Door Academy so I don't have access. I was just trying to help their coach. I will pass that on, however. Thanks.

Doug,
Thanks for the help on the injured athlete.

Jason Means
10/18/2012 7:50:12 PM
Power User
SUBSCRIBER
Who would you send the doctors note and letter to request the waiver for not running 4 events?
Who would you send the doctors note and letter to request the waiver for not running 4 events?
10/19/2012 3:15:53 PM
User
SUBSCRIBER
Your AD needs to submit the following information along with documents to support the request for the waiver. #1 Original Date of Injury - Physician Statement #2 Release Date for Rehab/Return to Play - Physician Statement The communication should be sent to Alex Ozuna, the FHSAA coordinator for Cross Country and can be in email form with attachments. Hope this helps!
Your AD needs to submit the following information along with documents to support the request for the waiver.

#1 Original Date of Injury - Physician Statement
#2 Release Date for Rehab/Return to Play - Physician Statement

The communication should be sent to Alex Ozuna, the FHSAA coordinator for Cross Country and can be in email form with attachments. Hope this helps!
10/19/2012 5:21:13 PM
Power User
SUBSCRIBER
@CoachGetty does the 4 meets have to completed or does a DNF count in the 4 meets? Does the runner have to have 4 recorded times by FLRunners? Thanks
@CoachGetty does the 4 meets have to completed or does a DNF count in the 4 meets? Does the runner have to have 4 recorded times by FLRunners? Thanks
10/19/2012 5:50:30 PM
User
SUBSCRIBER
@jrsteve2 The DNF counts and the results do not need to be in the flrunners database. Races can be either JV or Varsity.
@jrsteve2

The DNF counts and the results do not need to be in the flrunners database. Races can be either JV or Varsity.
10/19/2012 5:51:30 PM
Power User
SUBSCRIBER
@CoachGetty thank you so much
@CoachGetty thank you so much

You must be logged in to comment.

Click Here to Log In.