Precious Holmes of Hillhouse blasted a 53.53 to win the Brooks PR Invitational. She now leads the nation in that event and solidified her spot as the top sprinter in New England this season. Also competing in Seattle was Hillhouse teammate Kellie Davis who finished third in the 800m with a US#6 time of 2:12.47.
Jacob Burcham of Cabell Midland ran a personal best 4:07.20 full mile to finish 2nd at the Brooks PR Invitational on Sunday in Seattle Washington at the Dempsey Indoor Stadium. Brooks-PR-Invitational-Dickson-Burcham-2012 Video
Gabrielle Gray (High Point Central) reasserted her status as one of the country's top sprinters with a strong 60m Dash.
Jonathan Grooms, Webmaster email@example.com (via KYTrackXC.com)
Four athletes from the state of Connecticut will be traveling to Seattle, Washington to compete in the ultra fast Brooks PR Invitational. Precious Holmes (Hillhouse, CT), who is scheduled to compete in the 400m, just set a US#1 mark in the 600m (1:31.23) and a US#2 mark in the 300m (38.56) at the CT State Open Championships. Sydney Over (Windsor, CT) will join her in that event, and ran a tune-up 400m race of 57.39 to win the USATF New England Indoor Track Championships last weekend.
Loads of great performances at the Brooks PR Invite! Check them all out inside! (Photos by John Calderon)
Seven of Florida's top track and field stars received the coveted "golden ticket" to the Brooks PR Invitational. The event takes place Sunday, February 26th, at the Dempsey Center at the University of Washington.
The 2012 edition of the Brooks PR Invitational at the Dempsey in WA looks to be a barn-burner. Final entries inside!
Connor Rog has been garnering a massive amount of headlines this year, and with good reason. The Fairfield Prep senior earned a trip to the Foot Locker National Championships in December, was named the Gatorade Runner of the Year for Connecticut in January, and was recently invited to compete in the prestigious Millrose Games Mile. Life is rapidly changing for Connor as the milestones of his senior year begin to accumulate in the rearview mirror. Despite the hectic schedule required to be a top tier student-athlete, Connor has agreed to chronicle his experiences for MileSplit CT in a series we are calling the “Rog Blog”.
After breaking the state 55m record along with running a 6.82 60m in December, Leshon has established himself as a national contender in the short sprint!
Cousins Marvin Bracy and Levonte "Kermit" Whitfield have been invited to run in the prestigous Brooks PR Invitational in Seattle. Bracy is the reigning FHSAA 4A State Champion in the 100 and 200. Whitfield is the 2011 2A State Champion in the 100. Both will compete in the 60 meter race.
Tretez Kinnaird, junior at Butler High School in Louisville has been invited to the Brooks PR Invitational in Seattle, Washington to be held February 26th.
- Two Mile Run - Haley Pierce (Tatnall) 10:14.54 SB; Wesley Frazier (Ravenscroft School) 10:21.07 SB;
- 400 Meter Dash - Precious Holmes (Hillhouse High) 53.53 SB; Sydnee Over (South Windsor High School) 55.61 SB; Ariah Graham (Wakefield) 54.72 SB;
- 60 Meter Hurdles - Dior Hall (George Washington High School) 8.28; Dior Hall (George Washington High School) 8.32; Lateisha Philson (Benjamin Cardozo) 8.46 SB;
- 60 Meter Dash - Shayla Sanders (Boyd Anderson HS) 7.21 SB; Gabrielle Gray (High Point Central) 7.46 SB; Myasia Jacobs (Paramus Catholic HS) 7.40; Destinee Gause (Reynoldsburg) 7.50 SB OH #1; Kali Davis-White (Boyd Anderson HS) 7.44; MaryBeth Sant (Valor Christian High School) 7.48; Deanna Hill (Lake Highland Prep HS) 7.74 SB; Shayla Sanders (Boyd Anderson HS) 7.26; Myasia Jacobs (Paramus Catholic HS) 7.34 SB; Gabrielle Gray (High Point Central) 7.55; Kali Davis-White (Boyd Anderson HS) 7.44 SB; MaryBeth Sant (Valor Christian High School) 7.45; Destinee Gause (Reynoldsburg) 7.62; Deanna Hill (Lake Highland Prep HS) 7.79;
- 800 Meter Run - Kellie Davis (Hillhouse High) 2:12.89 SB; Kaela Edwards (Littleton High School) 2:13.83; Reagan Anderson (Tatnall) 2:14.03 SB; Rachel Paul (Sachem East) 2:14.76 SB; Anna Boyert (Medina) 2:16.16 SB;
- One Mile Run - Carmen Carlos (McGill-Toolen Catholic) 4:48.28 SB; Heather Bates (South Lewis) 4:54.18; Samantha George (Millbrook) 4:54.31 SB; Lily Williams (Chiles HS) 4:54.95 SB;
- Two Mile Run - Thomas Graham (Cary Academy) 9:08.29 SB; Connor Rog (Fairfield Prep High School) 9:15.59 SB; Craig Engels (Reagan, Ronald W) 9:18.30 SB;
- 400 Meter Dash - Najee Glass (St. Peter's Prep) 46.06 SB;
- 60 Meter Hurdles - Donovan Robertson (Berea) 7.57 SB New National Indoor Record, Ohio Indoor Record, US #1, OH #1; Bruce Barclay (Boyd Anderson HS) 7.91 SB; Dondre Echols (Potomac High School) 7.76 SB; Donovan Robertson (Berea) 7.77; Bruce Barclay (Boyd Anderson HS) 7.95;
- 60 Meter Dash - Levonte Whitfield (Jones HS) 6.71 SB; Marcus Harris (Eaglecrest High School) 6.83; Leshon Collins (Glasgow) 6.74 SB; Kendal Williams (Stanton Prep) 6.81 SB; Kendal Williams (Stanton Prep) 6.88; Levonte Whitfield (Jones HS) 6.80; Marcus Harris (Eaglecrest High School) 6.93;
- 800 Meter Run - Zavon Watkins (Liverpool) 1:53.69 SB; Tretez Kinnaird (Butler) 1:55.49 SB;
- One Mile Run - Jacob Burcham (Cabell Midland) 4:07.20 SB; Brannon Kidder (Lancaster) 4:09.11 SB New Ohio Indoor Record, OH #1; Mike Marsella (Chariho Regional High School) 4:10.54 SB;
- 3200 Meter Run - Alexandra Aughenbaugh (Notre Dame Academy) 11:07.76 SB;
- 4x800 Meter Relay - Cuyahoga Valley Christian Academy 9:56.13;
- High Jump - Maddie Lobaugh (McDonald) 5-8 SB; Hannah Bartlome (Vermilion) 5-4.5 SB;
- 200 Meter Dash - Rachel Hlatky (Magnificat High School) 24.84 SB; Shavonna Jackson (Warrensville Heights) 25.38 SB;
- 3200 Meter Run - Samantha Siler (Sycamore) 11:35.30 SB; Rosie Menyhert (Sycamore) 11:38.49 SB;
- 4x400 Meter Relay - Magnificat High School 4:08.94; Sycamore 4:10.14;
- 60 Meter Hurdles - Chantel Richardson (West Geauga) 9.04 SB;
- 1600 Meter Run - Lou Styles (Midpark) 4:29.23 SB;
- 200 Meter Dash - Anthony Young (St. Edward) 21.76 SB OH #1, US #8; Leighton Antonio (Hudson) 22.15 SB; Declan Starrett (University School) 22.58 SB; Nick Alston (Sycamore) 22.86 SB;
- 3200 Meter Run - Nick Elswick (Chardon) 9:37.41; Tyler Kawalec (Chardon) 9:37.64 SB;
- 400 Meter Dash - Stevyn Spees (St. Charles) 49.69 SB OH #1; Jack Kincade (Hilliard Davidson) 50.70 SB; Dorien Hudson (Cleveland Heights) 50.96 SB;
- 4x200 Meter Relay - Cleveland Heights 1:28.60; John F Kennedy-Cleveland 1:31.63; Euclid 1:31.77; Glenville 1:32.03; Solon 1:32.18; Rhodes 1:32.38; Cuyahoga Falls 1:33.64; St. Ignatius 1:34.14; Sycamore 1:34.36;
- 4x400 Meter Relay - Cleveland Heights 3:25.73; St. Edward 3:27.46; John F Kennedy-Cleveland 3:28.95; Hudson 3:32.34;
- 4x800 Meter Relay - St. Ignatius 8:12.35 OH #1;
- 60 Meter Hurdles - Rod Jackson (Solon) 8.24; Bryce Jones (Cleveland Heights) 8.28 SB; Anthony Little (Euclid ) 8.29 SB;
- 60 Meter Dash - Shelton Gibson (Cleveland Heights) 6.88 SB OH #1; Khoury Crenshaw (Solon) 7.01; Saun Crawford (St. Edward) 7.03;
- 800 Meter Run - Lou Styles (Midpark) 1:57.97 SB; Nathan Krebs (Chardon) 1:58.10 SB;
- Shot Put - Aaron Zedella (St. Edward) 57-0.5;
- Weight Throw - Aaron Zedella (St. Edward) 63-1.5; Andrew Bunting (Brunswick) 52-6;